Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Changing out the Decor

Every few months, depending on the season, holiday, or time of the year, I change out the decor atop my kitchen counter.

For the past month or so, I've had out my Spring flowers and my beautiful Winnie the Pooh Spring tea pot with its matching sugar and creamer. I've had my Spring table cloth on the dinning room table with my container of silk, but oh so real looking, tulips. Well Spring has Sprung and it's time to move on...

Time to move on to my "May/June decor". LOL. Brightly flowered place mats on the end of the counter bar, one having a vase of fake brightly colored gerber daisies, the other end a white plate with a coordination ribbon that sometimes has a written message on it. I also brought out a new Yankee jar candle I'd gotten on clearance. It's peach and to have it burning makes me long for a good, juicy peach. The smell is amazing and yet again Yankee has conquered a scent right on! That's sitting atop the counter as well.

I love changing out the decorations in our immediate living area, i.e. the kitchen and the family room. It changes things up every few months and you don't get tired of the same ole' things sitting out all year long. Anyone else do the same?

2 comments:

Letti said...

What a great idea. Are you going to show us pictures. I have a friend who changes out her bathroom decor for seasons and holidays. SHe can be pretty creative too.

Joy Howse said...

I used to do the same and even had a seasonal tree. with the lack of space that was one of the first things that had to go and I miss it very much. I had lost my desire to do it when Aiden was first born since I was overwhelmed with him and my healing. But now that I have that desire back I no longer have the space. I am lucky the toaster has a place to sit, so no place for extras. :) It all sounds so lovely!!

Life

Hello. Is there anybody out there?? I've neglected my blogs for so long, I'm sure I'm just talking to myself. Which is fine. T...