Saturday, April 18, 2009

A Weekend to Party

Today is Hannah's birthday party. It seems rather weird to actually have her birthday behind us and yet are still celebrating. I think in years past, we've always the done the party the weekend before her birthday. But because last weekend was Easter, we had to go with the weekend after.

The party is this morning. I made it this morning so that people could have the rest of the day for themselves. It seems like Spring weekends are so busy with other parties, ball games, etc., that I thought it would be best to do the party from 10-12. Those few hours will go by quickly, but Hannah is excited to be having friends over to her house.

The cake is made. I am pretty impressed with myself. Hannah's party theme is Hannah Montana and what better shape to make the cake into than into the shape of a guitar!She came home from school yesterday to find it on the counter and absolutely loved it! She thinks her friends are going to be impressed. I'm just glad it turned out like I had envisioned it. LOL.

My mind not only has been in every direction thinking about Hannah's party today, but a dear friends daughters birthday was yesterday and when asked what she wanted to do for her birthday, her daughter said she wanted "a party like the ones Hannah's Mommy does". She loved Hannah's tea party last year and that's what she was hoping for. So, tomorrow afternoon after church, I am helping my friend give her daughter a birthday party...a tea party. I'm in charge of the table and my friend is doing the food. Her Daddy is currently deployed so hopefully this will be a fun celebration for her, and hopefully a memorable birthday despite her Daddy not being here.

And with that, I should go and finish last minute things as the party here starts at 10:00!

1 comment:

Joy Howse said...

wow, the cake turned out great of course. I am sure you all had a wonderful time.

Life

Hello. Is there anybody out there?? I've neglected my blogs for so long, I'm sure I'm just talking to myself. Which is fine. T...