Thursday, February 5, 2009

First Time Parents

A young couple in our church were blessed with a daughter last Wednesday. It was their first child. And some of the women in our church are providing meals for them for a week, and they were blessed beyond measure to learn of that. I was blessed to be able to take them dinner on Sunday and visit with them for a spell.

Ah, the newness of being first time parents. It's exciting. It's scary. It's exhausting. LOL. It's been a long time since I've been able to provide a meal to parents who'd had a baby. I think the last time was almost 5 years ago when my sister-in-law and brother had their second child, Haylee. But I can't remember the last time we knew someone to become first time parents.

They have such an exciting journey ahead of them. Anytime a baby is born it's an exciting time, but when it's your first, everything is new, you are fresh, and you are younger....

It's hard to believe that our first born will be 9 years old in just two months!

No comments:

Life

Hello. Is there anybody out there?? I've neglected my blogs for so long, I'm sure I'm just talking to myself. Which is fine. T...