Friday, January 30, 2009

Sweet on Soldiers Drive

For the last 2-3 weeks, Hannah's schoo has been collecting things for the Sweet on Soldiers drive. We were collecting things such as boot socks, foot powder, batteries, toothbrushes, toothpaste, beef jerky, snack bars, magazines, and a few other things. The other thing we were also collecting were homemade Valentine Cards to send overseas with our donations.

The collection ended today.

I was at the school this morning, helping gather the boxes out of all the classrooms, and then counting and sorting, etc. I was amazed at the outpouring and overwhelming support our school families so generously gave. We collected over 8,600 items, and over 1,600 homemade Valentines!!

1 comment:

Joy Howse said...

That is so awesome!! I know the soldiers will be so thankful for their thoughtfulness.

Life

Hello. Is there anybody out there?? I've neglected my blogs for so long, I'm sure I'm just talking to myself. Which is fine. T...