I received this fun Christmas survey via email from a friend last week, I thought I'd share the answers, here on my blog.
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Mostly wrapping paper. One present this year is in a bag because of it's awkwardness to wrap.
2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial for the last five Christmases. It's 9 1/2 feet tall with about 1200 white lights. I love my Christmas tree.
3. When do you put up the tree? The Friday after Thanksgiving
4. When do you take the tree down? Some time during Christmas and New Years.
5. Do you like eggnog? NASTY!!!
6. Favorite gift received as a child? The one that stands out in my mind is the year I got the big Barbie Dream House.
7. Hardest person to buy for? My husband. He doesn't collect things and isn't into any hobbies, or at least isn't into affordable hobbies (computers).
8. Easiest person to buy for? Usually my Mom.
9. Do you have a Nativity scene? Yes. I have one that my Uncle made me that sits in front of the fireplace. And then I have the Fisher Price Little People Nativity Set that the girls play with. I also have a table top wooden display of Mary, Joseph, and Baby Jesus that my aunt made. I have a couple other little ones that sometimes I put out, but the one my Uncle made is always displayed.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail. Although last year, I had delivered a lot to our church family and friends when I saw them at church. This year I am seriously thinking about not sending out Christmas cards to people whom we'll see or spend the holidays with. At over .40 a stamp, that's a lot of money paid out in postage. I've also been looking at sending out Christmas postcards, postage is a little cheaper.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Hmm....Can't think of one right now.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? I don't have favorites.
13. When do you start shopping? I shop all year long to spread out the expense. LOL.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Me?? Of course!
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Homemade goodies!
16. Lights on the tree? 1200 White lights.
17. Favorite Christmas song? Again, I don't have favorites.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Christmas will more than likely be at our house this year. We have the most room, etc. Steven's family is all out of state and his parents usually travel and visit one of his siblings.
Edited to Add: After posting this answer, my sister-in-law informed me neither of her parents have traveled to her house in recent years for the holidays. LOL. I'm not sure where it is they are going, but they've always got plans when we ask them! We've always had in our minds they were traveling to Oregon or Georgia. LOL.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? I think so.
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? A gold star. I think it's a little small for our tree, but Steven likes it.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas Eve is spent at my Grandmother's house with dinner and a gift exchange. So presents are opened there from that side of the family. Christmas morning the presents and stockings are opened and more presents opened when my parents and Uncle and brother and sister-in-law and nieces come.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? How everyone automatically assumes your children believe in Santa Claus. And ask them what they asked Santa Claus for.
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? Just about all the ornaments on the tree are homemade by someone. There are a few store bought ones, but they are special and not your typical 'ball' ornament or anything cheesy. LOL.
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? There's that word again, 'Favorite'.
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? Well aside from having my Disneyland Annual Pass renewed on 1-1-09. :) All I really want is continued blessings from the Lord in the shape of a steady job, our good health, and a home. We really have more than we need and I am truly, truly thankful.
If you have a blog and want to play along, feel free to copy and paste the survey into a blog post, changing the answers of course! Be sure to leave a comment in the comment section letting me know you did the survey and I'll come check out your answers!
Hello. Is there anybody out there?? I've neglected my blogs for so long, I'm sure I'm just talking to myself. Which is fine. T...
I have once again taken on the role as Box Tops Coordinator for our school this year. We are currently within the top ten schools in the Sta...
This year, I've taken on official positions at the girls' school. Not only am I the PTA Secretary , but I am also the Box Tops Coord...
Last June, we got a hitch put on our new van in order to put a bike rack on the back and cart our bikes with us to the beach when we camped....