Monday, November 24, 2008

'Tis the Season

It's hard to believe that this week is Thanksgiving. We have our turkey and today is the BIG grocery shopping trip. I'll do what I can do to prepare the house (clean the bathrooms, sweep the entry way, set the table etc) this afternoon as well. Our Thanksgiving will be small and intimate just like last year. It'll be my parents and my Uncle Bart. We invited Steven's Dad to join us, but he didn't exactly commit to coming.

Tomorrow, we're supposed to be going to Sea World. However, we need to wait and see what the weather is like, it's supposed to rain. Steven is on vacation this week and we still have one day left on the tickets we bought when we went in June. So if it's not raining we'll be visiting Shamu and his friends for the day, hoping the crowds are light.

Wednesday will be major preparation day in anticipation of our feast on Thursday!

By the way the malls and stores are decorated, you'd think it was already Christmas. We were in and out of a couple of malls over the weekend, and everywhere you go the windows are festively decorated, Christmas music is playing in the background, and all the stores are advertising 'Holiday Sale'. The Christmas season will officially begin when the first store opens on Black Friday morning.

We put up our Christmas tree the day after Thanksgiving. I love how our home looks when it's all decorated for Christmas. But it's a lot of work, work I'm not necessarily looking forward to. I wrapped more presents yesterday and have a few things left to get, but otherwise, I'm done. Steven's already started his Christmas stocking shopping for me, I helped him this past weekend. LOL. He says it's the earliest he's ever started.

Next week, it's back to the normal routine of back to school and homework.

No comments:

Life

Hello. Is there anybody out there?? I've neglected my blogs for so long, I'm sure I'm just talking to myself. Which is fine. T...