Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Breast Cancer Awareness / Prayers for Stacey

October is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month.

We as women all know that we're suppose to monthly self checks, get mammograms past a certain age, etc. Breast cancer is on my mother's side with a few great aunts, and I think even a cousin or two of my moms. I had a bit of a scare a year ago, when my GYN found nodules on my lymph nodes in my arm pit, but after an ultrasound and a course of antibiotics and a consult with a surgeon, turned out it wasn't anything to be alarmed about, I'm just growing extra breast tissue, in the wrong spot. LOL. But no one in our immediate family has had breast cancer, thank you Jesus!

A few weeks ago, I shared a few prayer requests, one was for our friend Keith's sister, Stacey. She had recently been diagnosed with breast cancer. Sadly, her cancer is pretty involved, extending into the lymph nodes, and tomorrow, Wednesday, she will undergo a double mastectomy.

Would you please be praying for Stacey, her husband Dan, and their extended families. For the doctors to have steady hands and to get everything they need to get, for nurses, for the techs who will administer radiation and chemo in the weeks to come. And ultimately, that through this horrible diagnosis, she and Dan would grow closer to the Lord.

3 comments:

Liz said...

Absolutely! Count this Texan in on Stacey's prayer chain!

Darcy said...

Thanks Liz! :)

Keith said...

Darcy,
Thanks for this post...your great! I'll let you know the update, when we get it.

Life

Hello. Is there anybody out there?? I've neglected my blogs for so long, I'm sure I'm just talking to myself. Which is fine. T...