Tuesday, July 8, 2008

A Lane Cedar 'Hope' Chest

For as long as I can remember, I've always, always wanted a Lane Cedar 'Hope' Chest. Growing up, I kept things that would normally be placed in a hope chest, in one of my Mom's old trunks or other various areas where there was room.

And now for years, with the size of our Master Bedroom, I've wanted a nice cedar chest to sit at the foot of our bed.

A couple of weeks ago, when Steven's mom came to pick up the girls for the weekend, she asked me if I'd be interested in a Lane chest she had. She said if I didn't want it, it was going to the Goodwill. I said "Yes!" without hesitation, and then began thinking in the hours and days following that perhaps I should have said let me take a look at it before I committed. LOL. But when we went to pick up the girls at the end of that weekend, she showed me the chest. It was absolutely beautiful. All cedar inside. Still had the paperwork sitting inside the drawer. No dings. No scratches. Just a few rough areas atop where in years gone by, some water had spilled on top and caused the finish to become rough. At any rate, we brought it home with us that evening and it looks awesome in our room! I'm so grateful.

3 comments:

Kim said...

Cool! Beware of the corners though. I can't tell you how many times I've bruised my leg in the middle of the night (ours is at the foot of the bed also)!

Darcy said...

The night before last, Steven smacked his toes or his knee?? And then then last night, I hadn't gotten fully adjusted to the light being off and rammed my knee into the corner as well.

Liz said...

My mom had a very similar one all my life that she kept our off-season clothes in. Seeing that chest brings back a lot of sweet memories. :)

Life

Hello. Is there anybody out there?? I've neglected my blogs for so long, I'm sure I'm just talking to myself. Which is fine. T...